Tuesday 20 August 2013

Faces in Black & White.

I started my interest in portrait drawings for more than a decade already. It used to be so tough back in Woodlands Ring Secondary School as they did not teach the fundamentals of drawing that much as it was kind of an open topic art class throughout the 4 years. Art was a subject not encouraged to score at that point of time as academics were more prioritised.

Throughout the years of experimenting pencil and colour pencil drawings, I discovered my strength in portrait drawings. The satisfaction of completing a portrait drawing was so fulfilling that i started my own portrait drawing "business". More of my own freelance. Doing something out of interest could sure benefit in some ways you couldn't imagine sometimes. Recommendation from word of mouth has expanded my list of contacts and enlarged my pocket(not that much though but it's still money).

Most of the portraits were ordered either for their bosses, for weddings, for couples and some for their family members. These are some of the drawings that i managed to take a picture of it before delivering them to my clients.

2012

2012

2011

2011

2007

Having to work with human facial features are are very intricate but interesting. Using Chuck Close as an inspiration to work harder towards achieving realism in portraits would increase my skills and motivation. Other orders were mostly oil paintings or watercolour potraits. I'll be posting it soon..
Thanks for reading!
 

- Kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment