Saturday 10 August 2013

Photography 2013

A DSLR was given to me on my 24th birthday this year by my elder sister. Basics has been taught to me by her since young but not in depth in photography knowledge and skills. So with this camera presented to me, I used this as an advantage for my photography elective though it was not one of my first choices.

At first I thought it was kind of boring but thinking on the positive side, this is sure to benefit me in my daily life and would broaden my knowledge.

As I attended more photography lessons conducted by Mr Sheldon Tay, I started to acquire more interest in the subject. The importance of knowing the machanisms of a self-built camera in the olden days and how it projects images from a simple pinhole box to a digital camera built through advanced technology of science periodically just amazes me.

Personally, I feel that my skills in composition of photos and technical skills have improved, not drastically but slowly through assignments given by the lecturer. These are the few best photos taken for my first photography project. "The journey from home to school" was the topic but mine looks kind of like the smallest to the biggest details of the journey from home to school.














This experience has brought me closer to the things that existed around me on my way to school. Things around can be more interesting if you pay close attention to it. Playing with composition allows me to show people how things are preceived through my point of view.

Thanks for reading! :)

- Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment