Tuesday 3 September 2013

Animal Sculptures

Back in 2006, I enrolled myself into Lasalle-SIA in Goodman Road. After a successful interview for an entry in Fine Arts Diploma course, I went through a foundation course where students were all needed to pass through 2D, 3D, Sculpture, Drawing and etc.

New to sculpting like the rest of my classmates, our first clay project was to mould an animal. I chose to shape a wombat as I was more confident of executing it for submission because of its simplified bold body structure. It was the size of a loaf of bread only slightly bigger but heavier.

Wombat Clay Sculpture
2006

In my second year, I was required to sculpt a head. Any kind of head. Built up by a 10 kilograms slab of clay, I sculpted a Llama head with detailed construction of the fur on the neck as well as its facial features. 

Llama Head Clay Sculpture
2007
Llama Head Clay Sculpture
2007
As you can see the animals I had chosen were not commonly seen around nor were they favourite animals of people. This is because the idea of using rare animals like these are for people to discover more of these animals and their origins.

Thanks for reading!

-kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment