Friday 6 September 2013

Kiki in a Tube

This is a cartooned caricature of my self-portrait. Painting a normal face might be a bit too boring so I exaggerated the eyes and enlarged the mouth and made myself looked like I was bald. Making the character pop out from a paint tube was to illustrate the notion of the character being squeezed out from the tube which makes it so frustrating that you had to just use energy just to spurt out excess.

Self-Portrait Caricature
Oil on Canvas
28" x 22"
2007

This might have been a bit of a disturbing image to some because of the weird face but I was planning to do more of these kind of portraits in the near future just to illustrate my self-expression. But it is more disturbing to wake up to this painting every morning, so i put it aside with other paintings.

Thanks for reading!

-Kiki



No comments:

Post a Comment