Monday 2 September 2013

Farewell to their Boss

This was actually my first watercolour caricature in 2011. A group of employees from MapleTree wanted to give a token of appreciation to their Manager/Boss who was resigning. So, a friend of mine recommended them for their request to me to draw out a caricature of him in his car carrying a nikon camera in his hand and wanted it within that week.

I accepted their order even though time was not in my favor.

Dealing with watercolour on caricatured portraits was a tricky one for me but i challenged myself to it.
Fortunately after making the first mistake with the mixing, the colours actually blended quite well together. Once it was completed, I delivered the artwork and received my fee with full of satisfaction that paid off after all the problems encountered.

A lesson learnt. Always have ample time to produce a great artwork, be passionate about what you are doing and lastly present it in a decent way. 

Caricature
Watercolour on Watercolour paper
420mm x 297mm
2011

Group photo of MapleTree's working crew
2011

Right before they presented this drawing/painting, they took a picture with the artwork framed and sent it to me. Their gratifying feedbacks encouraged me to improve my skills by practicing more watercoloured portrait paintings.

Thanks for reading.

-kiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment