Saturday 14 September 2013

Nocturnal 2005

"Colour pencil sketching is gonna be hard." I thought so to myself ehile trying to experiemnt on a different medium in preparation of my GCE 'O' level 2005 Art examination Paper 3 which is on the spot drawing.

Nocturnal was one of the 5 topics that i chose from for my paper 3 and preparatory work was required  for submission along with the final artwork. 
Why owl? Simply because that was the first thing that i think off upon the word Nocturnal.

Owl
Colourpencil on Paper
4" x 6"
2005

Night Scenery
Pencil on Paper
297mm x 210mm
2005
I did not expect my colourpencil sketches to be exceptionally ok. To me that is. that's when i discovered my strength which also moved me to create the final piece in my previous entry. 

These are the other experimental sketches before the final owl above. Using pencil was not as interesting as it was when using colour pencils. The outcome of coloured pencils really depends on the sensitivity and pressure of rendering.


Thanks for reading!

- kiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment