Tuesday 1 October 2013

Warm Orchids 2010

I had to discontinue my Diploma course in Lasalle in 2009, so I stopped my practice in Art for a year.
Since then this Warm Orchids painted in 2010 was my warm up.  

Warm Orchids
Oil paint on Canvas
2010

Since I was financially unstable at that point of time while struggling with the aftermath of my father's passing, my cousin helped to support me by ordering an art work from me to suit with her brand new red couch.

Me and my Warm Orchids but sadly picture was taken with flash.
2010

It took me a month to finish this slowly because of its size. But it finished quite well though. The feeling after a long time of not practicing, became an excitement to get the hang of it and it became a habit to keep on creating more artworks. The mood kept me going but if I stop, it will take me a long time to start again.

Thanks for reading!
-kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment