Tuesday 1 October 2013

Still Life 2006 / 2007

2006 was still an experimental year for me on various types of mediums. I started off struggling when it comes to painting using acrylic as it was a fast drying medium. With the help of Rashid my foundation lecturer, he shared some tips and tricks on painting. 

Therefore after some practices in school, I painted a small still life painting just to hang up on my kitchen wall. My late father loved it as he was impressed that I could paint somehow realistically. I miss how he bragged to his friends that his daughter is an artist. He has always supported me in arts since young.

Common Fruits
Acrylic on Canvas
210 x 297 mm
2006

The "Sliced" painting was one of my year 2 projects. I did an up close of an orange using both acrylic paint and oil paint to zoom into the minor details but it was unsuccessful due to insufficient time. I'm planning to touch up this painting soon when time allows me to.

Sliced
Acryli and Oil on Canvas
18" x 18"
2007

Thanks for reading!

-Kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment