Friday 4 October 2013

Late Dad Portrait 2013

Daddy had always been a wonderful support to my family. He was a humble, friendly, patient and knowledgable father who never fails to support my family through thick and thin.

From 1952 till his last breath on the 26th January 2009, he has never wasted any of his time. Everyday is a learning day for him. He was neither a Degree nor Master holder man but he sure was my walking encyclopedia. I would question him from History, Animals, Buildings, Plants, Human Behaviour, Religion or anything, he would answer them humbly. In short, he was a very experienced man who went through alot in life.

Losing a person you love, especially your parent, is a very hard experience one will never wish to go through. It is a fact that every man has to go through the life cycle but sometimes its just hard to accept. Only time will cure the pain.

An article about my father's death published in the Newpaper on the 3rd of February 2009.

His sudden death shocked us and that unfortunate event led us to multiple consecutive problems that my mum, brother and I had to face everyday but thank God, eventually we survived till today being a stronger person than we were yesterday even though we still had obstacles and life challenges that we still are going through even till today.

In Loving Memories
with Love from your daughter.
Pencil on Paper
210 x 297 mm
2013

Writing this post really made me sad and tear.

Wanting to talk to him so much when I have problems but I couldn't. 
Wanting to hug him for comfort but he's no longer physically here to give a hug.
Wanting to ask for forgiveness for all the wrongs but he's not around to hear my apologies.


Sometimes when I face problems it just hurts me so much to be bottling stuff inside of me. When you knew you had everything at first, it all narrows down when you start to lose family members one by one.

Thanks for reading.
-kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment