Friday 4 October 2013

Pop that Pimple! 2013

I could never paint a serious or nice portrait of myself. It just doesn't feel right or look right somehow. So here is a pimple popping portrait of myself.

It is just damn irritating to have tiny hills bulging out on your face which cant be removed by using a 'healing tool' or 'clone stamp'. If only life's like photoshop. Everyone would be blemish-free and flawless.

I got irritated with my pimple which grew bigger as my period was coming then. It's like whenever I look at my face in the mirror, the first thing that I see was my pimple. It's like a third eye! 

So then, I thought, why not just keep an account of my miseries as part of my portfolio?

Pop that Pimple!
Watercolour on Watercolour Paper
210 x 297 mm
2013

The splats around the portrait expresses the pain as I was squeezing the hell out of my pimple. It feels as if it has it's own heartbeat. This happens every month which explains the craters on my face.

Thanks for reading!
-kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment