Tuesday 1 October 2013

Flower Pallet 2011


Every Hari Raya season, mothers always wants to display their beautiful houses to their guests who visits them. In 2011, one of the interior walls of my house has been dusty with some old decoratives. So mum suggested that I paint something.

What choice do I have when it comes to homes. Mum loves flowers anyway but this time I painted it differently. Partly abstract and partly textured.

What I visualised was that the textured part would be of a thicker volume to create thicker petals. 

Background was basically catered to match my cozy house settings. Using pallet knives, I started expressing myself through the thick paint using the tools mentioned. Additional Pollocks style has been added to give the feel of abstract and self-expression in my 4-piece painting.

Lily
Acrylic on Canvas
12"x12" x 4pcs
2011


The outcome was not how I envisioned it to be but surprisingly everyone who noticed it liked it alot. It was expressive using the pallet knife though control is still needed to form the subject matter.

Thanks for reading!
-Kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment